“For Business, 3 things are necessary – Knowledge, Temper and Time”
As I look back at Insight Global Risk 12 months onwards since it was established, those words of the 17th Century writer Owen Feltham have never been more relevant.
It has been a roller coaster of a ride at all levels, but like any great ride you scream all the way through it, but re-join the line to go again.
Through all of this, the support and love of my wife Samantha and my three children cannot be measured.
There is nothing that lifts your spirits more to hear your children say, “Dad – you are doing fine!!”
There are many others who through a friendly chat, referral and honest advice have helped me navigate this critical period of my business. Your support is warmly appreciated and greatly valued,
An insight into those who have helped
All have contributed to my success thus far, however, there are a few individuals I would like to highlight:
- Patrick Baker and his Baker Marketing team for not only developing the visual products of Insight Global Risk, but providing wise counsel and keeping me focussed
- Richard Forby from Rehabilitation Services for providing Insight Global Risk with some of his spare CBD office space; thereby keeping me in the centre of the action
- Kieren Fitzpatrick (Parashift) and Jon Jordans (Ground Effects Consulting) for the multiple beer and coffee catch ups. Your perspectives and frank advice as new business owners themselves has prevented me from falling into fewer traps along my journey
- Tim Jenkin and the team from Goodlife Cross Roads who valiantly help me try to keep the kilos off and the heartrate up; confirming the importance that a healthy body and mind is as vital as a healthy balance sheet
As we approach this first anniversary, Insight Global Risk has steadily gained momentum to achieve not only a threefold increase in its client base, but a growing profile both domestically and internationally.
This client base includes Government, sporting venues, private sector companies in the Resources, Utilities and Energy sectors.
We’re here to provide you with Insight into Global Risk
Insight Global Risk’s success has been its capacity to provide independent advice and support tailored to the unique business needs of each client enabling:
- Effective communication of issues and risks to Boards
- Clear delivery of strategies to senior management
- Timely implementation of tailored solutions on site
It has been a great year but the time for celebration and reflection passes behind me (except maybe for a glass of something bubbly on the weekend).
I am looking forward to the opportunities and challenges in growing Insight Global Risk to be a leader in the Security Risk industry.
‘Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises’, Demosthenes
Thank you all for your support and I wish you all a successful and safe 2018.